Tuesday 31 March 2015

Ten Books On My To-Read List

Well hello there!

As I'm fairly new to blogging and even newer to writing book reviews, I've only just discovered The Broke and the Bookish. I decided it would be really fun to take part in their weekly Top Ten Tuesday book blog challenge.

So, here goes!

This week's theme is to name 10 books currently on your 'to-read' list. Now, I always have about six books on the go at any given time, so it takes me several millennia to finish one book. (Moses was still around when I began Wolf Hall).

This doesn't stop me from collecting books that I really really want to read. They just pile up until my bedroom resembles a corner of Hogwarts library. (Not a bad look, if you ask me!)

Here are ten books gathering dust awaiting their turn to be in my five-a-day (the struggle is real.)

1) Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Wild book cover
LOVED the film...soul food

2) Charlotte Gray by Sebastian Faulks

Charlotte Gray book cover


3) Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

Bring Up the Bodies book cover
Wolf Hall was amazing!

4) The King's Grave: The Search for Richard III by Philippa Langley

The Search for Richard III book cover
I'm a bit of a Ricardian...

5) Sex, Power and Consent by Anastasia Powell

Sex, Power and Consent book cover

6) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Game of Thrones book cover
Big fan of the TV series

7) Northern Lights: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

Northern Lights book cover

8) The Sound of Laughter Peter Kay

The Sound of Laughter book cover
I like comedians' autobiographies
9) Revelation by C.J. Sansom
Revelation Front Cover
Loved Dissolution by the same author
10) The Arrow of Sherwood by Lauren Johnson

Arrow of Sherwood front cover
Recommended to me!

So that's it! Hopefully I'll not have grown a beard by the time I get stuck into these!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Great list. I’m hoping to read Wild sometime soon. I haven’t seen the movie, but the book sounds interesting.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the book is anywhere near as good as the film it will be amazing! You're in for a treat :)

      Delete